Superheroes in action
(May 10 – November 15, 2021)
There are many outstanding faculty, learners and staff at NOSM who make a difference in their community—they are the School’s superheros in action. Miigwetch, merci and thank you for your ongoing work and commitment.
- Dr. Alana Rawana Baron received the 2021 Family Medicine Resident Award for Scholarly Achievement from The Foundation for Advancing Family Medicine (FAFM).
- Dr. Tara Baron was recognised with the Community Partnership Award 2021 by Sudbury.com.
- Dr. Louisa Marion-Bellemare received a 2021 Award of Excellence from the Ontario College of Family Physicians (OCFP).
- Danica Desjardins was named one of the recipients of the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Medical Student Award.
- Mélanie-Rose Frappier is the recipient of the Canadian Medical Association’s 150th Anniversary Award and the CIBC Indigenous Learner Leadership Award.
- Dr. Robert Hamilton received the Ontario Medical Association (OMA) Life Membership Award.
- Gina Kennedy received the 2021 Modern Governance 100 Award.
- Alison Lewis is the recipient of the CIBC Indigenous Learner Leadership Award.
- Felicia Lotsios was awarded Medical Student of the Year by the Ontario College of Family Physicians. She is also the recipient of the College of Family Physicians of Canada’s Medical Student Scholarship.
- Dr. Sarah Newbery is the recipient of the Rural Medical Education Award from the Society of Rural Physicians of Canada (SRPC).
- Dr. Venkadesan Rajendran was honoured with the Centenary Medal of Distinction by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Dr. Nicholas Roscoe received the Leadership Award of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC).
- Dr. Julie Samson received a 2021 Award of Excellence from the OCFP.
- Dr. David Savage is the recipient of the Junior Investor Grant in Emergency Medicine from the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians (CAEP).
- Dr. Christopher Thome is the recipient of the NOSM René Guilbeault Research Award.
- Dr. John Tuinema received the inaugural NOSM Public Health and Preventative Medicine Teaching Award.
- Dr. Janice Willett received the Section Service Award from the OMA.
- Dr. Barb Zelek is named one of Canada’s Family Physicians of the Year by the CFPC.
- NOSM’s Communications team and Launchfire, a leader in game-based marketing programs, won the Arcturus Award in the 2021 Vega Digital Awards in the Marketing Effectiveness category for their online advertising and marketing work in creating The NOSM Trivia Challenge.